Effect of Postnatal Exercises on Quality of Life in Immediate Postpartum Mothers: A Clinical Trial
Lume Pereira Antonyna Maria Ulorica, Hema S Patil
Citation Information :
Ulorica LP, Patil HS. Effect of Postnatal Exercises on Quality of Life in Immediate Postpartum Mothers: A Clinical Trial. J South Asian Feder Obs Gynae 2014; 6 (1):11-14.
Copyright © 2014; The Author(s).
- Physiotherapy in obstetrics and gynecology. Second edition. Butterworth Heinemann 2004.
- Myles Textbook for Midwives. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingston 1999.
- Therapeutic Exercise Foundations and Techniques. 5th ed. FA. Davis Company 2007.
- Evaluating the effect of exercise on postpartum quality of life. Iranian J Nursing and Midwifery Research Winter 2007;12(1):17-20.
- Rates and risk of postpartum depression: a meta-analysis. International Review of Psychiatry 1996; 8:37-54.
- Obstetrics and gynecologic care in physical therapy. Second Edition. SLACK Incorporated 2000.
- Effects of dieting and physical activity on pregnancy and lactation. Am J Clin Nutr 1994 Feb;59(2 Suppl):446S-452S; discussion 452S-453S.
- A randomized study of the effects of aerobic exercise by lactating women on breast: milk volume and composition. The New England Journal of Medicine 1994;330(7): 449-453.
- Physical activity and postpartum well-being. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 1999; 28:41-49.
- E. SF- 36 Health Survey Update. SPINE 2000;25(24): 3130-3139.
- Williams Obstetrics. 22nd ed. United States of America: McGraw-Hill 2005.
- Psychological effects of an aerobic exercise session and a rest session following pregnancy. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 1997 Dec;37(4):287-291.
- Physical activity and postpartum well-being. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 1999 Jan;28(1):41-49.
- Postnatal mental illness: a transcultural perspective. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology 1994;29(6): 250-264.
- Health related quality of life in postpartum depressed women. Archives of women's mental health. March 2006;9(2):95-102.
- Measuring the mental health status of a population: a comparison of the GHQ-12 and the SF-36 (MHI-5). The British Journal of Psychiatry 1996; 169:516-521.